We rely on the generous donations of our community to keep our specialist palliative care free of charge for those living with a life-limiting illness. Please click the Donate Now button if you would like to make a donation to Hopsice.
A bequest is a donation from your estate, which you give to family, friends or your designated charity. Bequests need to be recorded in your Will under the guidance of your legal advisor. As a registered charitable trust, Hospice Mid-Northland is able to receive bequests and greatly appreciates these generous contributions.
Your bequest can be:
- A specific sum of money or a percentage of your estate - what may seem like a considerable amount now may be significantly reduced over time. Nominating a percentage of your estate will ensure your gift is not restricted by inflation
- Residue of your estate - once all other gifts and expenses are taken care of, Hospice Mid-Northland receives what is left
- Specific gift of asset or property - which we can use or sell as appropriate
You can find out more about bequests here or you can contact Hospice Mid-Northland General Manager Belinda Watkins on 09 407 7799 to discuss how your bequest can serve Hospice and people living with a life-limiting illness in our community.
Support Hospice Initiatives
There are many ways that you can help Hospice through our exisiting initiatives
- Donate your time or money to Hospice activities and events - we always need a helping hand!
- Donate goods to our three Hospice Shops in Kawakawa, Kerikeri and Kaikohe
- Shop at our three Hospice Shops in Kawakawa, Kerikeri and Kaikohe
- Bequest a gift to Hospice in your Will
- Run your own event or attend our events.
- Farming for Hospice - raise one of our calves on your property
- Donate art, wine and collectables to our annual auction
- Allow Hospice to tap your organisation's buying power for goods and services
- Join Tiny Mighty Power and nominate Hospice Mid-Northland as your charity to receive $50 upon sign-up and $10 every anniversary
We are open to new ways of working with our community, so please contact us to discuss your ideas or find out more about one of ours.
Careers at Hospice
Hospice operates with a team of specialist palliative care nurses, a Family Support Co-ordinator, a dedicated Operations Team and a large number of regular and on-call volunteers. You can view our vacancies here and we welcome your enquiry at any time on 09 407 7799.
Volunteer with Hospice
We always need a helping hand and there are many ways that you can volunteer with Hospice. We could not fund the specialist palliative care equipment, facilities and services without the ongoing support of our valued volunteers.
There are six main ways that we call on our wonderful volunteers to Help Hospice:
- Retail support for our three Hospice Shops in Kawakawa, Kerikeri and Kaikohe
- Sorting support for our Green Shed (Kerikeri Processing Centre) which sorts donations to supply our shops
- As Lifter-Shifter Drivers, picking up and dropping off donated goods and specialist palliative care equipment between Hospice locations, homes and workplaces
- Donating therapy time to our patients and their family members at the Hospice Cottage in Kerikeri
- Ad-hoc assistance to setup and run our fundraising events
- To support our patients in their homes in non-medical ways, such as cleaning, lawn mowing and running errands. Our patients are lovingly supported by their friends and families, but sometimes a little extra support is needed.
Please contact us to discuss how you might help Hospice by volunteering your time or complete our online Volunteer Application Form.
Tell us about what you enjoy doing, and the skills and knowledge that you have and we will work together to match your support to something that you will enjoy to benefit others.
There are many different ways to raise funds for Hospice within our community:
- Host a luncheon, morning or afternoon tea with friends, family or workmates for a gold coin donation
- Compete an event sponsored by friends, family and workmates
- Choose Hospice Mid-Northland as your designated charity for fundraising events
- Host a mufti/casual day or disco at school for a gold coin donation
- Host a workplace movie night
- Hold a garage sale for unwanted items
- Offer a dog wash, car wash, gardening or lawn mowing for Hospice
- Donate your restaurant tips for an evening to Hospice
- Community Business Day
We welcome all donations, so please contact our Fundraising and Awareness Manager on 021 584 613 to discuss ways that you may be able to help Hospice.